Things cosmetic in nature and/or which are visually obvious may not generally be reported. Example: soiled carpet, etc. Unless you can accept this service on a value added basis, (adding to your understanding not eliminating or even accurately quantifying your risks) please do not commission this work. There are literally thousands of variables to consider and we are relatively certain that some things will escape our attention. If your expectations go beyond a much more experienced set of eyes than yours or if you are looking for assurances about the future, please stop now. This inspection is built on the premise that all houses have problems but they are not always detectable. All houses require maintenance and expeditious repairs to problems. If problems are left unattended they will grow larger and more expensive. If you cannot accept these premises you should seriously question whether home ownership is for you.
WE CANNOT ASSURE YOU ABSOLUTLEY:
1. That your house is free of major problems, structural or otherwise.
2. That the air or water of the house is clean or even safe.
3. That water will not seep into your basement after prolonged or heavy rains or thawing ground
4. That water or snow will not get through your roofing or siding.
5. That your house is safe and secure and cannot be readily broken into.
6. That mechanical equipment will continue to operate even for 10 minutes after our inspection.
7. That thermostats or timers will function properly, or across a range.
8. That pipes or wires in unseen areas are O.K.
9. That your house conforms to codes or government regulations.
10. That the land will not move or affect your house.
11. That heat exchangers in furnaces are intact or safe.
12. That your heating and air conditioning equipment will keep you comfortable in all rooms under all weather conditions.
13. That your foundation that is hidden behind finished walls is structurally sound.
14. That wood borers are not actively infesting the house.
15. That you won’t experience ice damming when cold weather and snow occur.
16. That condensation will not occur.
17. That fireplaces won’t smoke, especially during windy weather.
18. That rain water won’t migrate through masonry, stone, or other sidings.
19. That moisture won’t form around refrigerator gaskets in humid weather.
20. That sealed refrigerant systems won’t leak refrigerant, even this very day.
21. That your water heater will supply all the hot water you would like.
22. Specific parts or repairs to equipment or fixtures will be available.
23. That repairs thought to be capable of being made economically feasible or readily available or even available at a fair price.
24. That repair people can be readily found or will be willing to guarantee their work or will even give you fixed estimates.
25. That specific equipment is using parts that were intended for that specific equipment.
WE CAN ASSURE YOU:
1. You will experience problems and headaches. Expect the unexpected.
2. That you will readily find opinions that differ from ours.
3. That you will have to spend money on problems or repairs not noted in our inspection.
4. That if you do not act on the warnings given by the inspection you are probably accepting larger unseen risks.
5. That if you don’t inspect and maintain your roof you will probably get some leakage.
6. That if you don’t keep your gutters clean, your downspouts extended, and establish and maintain drainage away from your home you have a high chance of experiencing seepage into the walls, under a slab, or into a crawlspace or basement.
7. That if you don’t maintain grouting and tub and tile caulking all around tubs and showers and their hardware and edges you will probably experience some leakage beneath bathrooms.
8. That not removing hoses or draining hosebibs in cold weather areas may result in a freeze.
9. If you do not routinely maintain your drains you will probably experience some backing up of sink and tub drains.
10. That if you don’t clean your humidifier routinely it won’t work.
11. Mechanical items will sometimes operate intermittently.
12. That we cannot possibly approximate the utility usage of the house.
13. No matter what the weather, some suboptomization of inspecting or reporting will exist.
14. That weather changes are to be expected and that severe or unusual weather may cause damages or problems.
15. That we will not be able to completely, accurately and exactly describe a peer house.
16. That both major and minor problems can readily escape detection.
17. That problems will generally not be found or suspected in the absence of symptoms, clues, or telltales. 18. That symptoms, clues, or telltales can and often are effectively covered up.
19. That not acting on repair recommendations to seawalls or retaining walls may quickly see more extensive repairs needed.
20. That failure to properly maintain swimming pool water or equipment will almost certainly result in increased expenses in the future.
21. That failure to maintain and service well or septic systems will almost certainly result in a failure and increased expense.
I recognize the need to read the entire inspection report including all supplemental information and to take action given before taking ownership of the property. I recognize that a visual inspection is typically limited to about 2/3 of the risks I may face and that it cannot inform me of the remaining 1/3 and will follow up with technical specialists. I know to visit the house after rains, snows, windstorms, etc. to check for leakage and other damage. I will execute a thorough pre-settlement inspection, checking all window and door operations, operating all appliances fully, and asking questions of the owner/ occupant in writing.